Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Busy brewing day


I haven't been able to make any brewing related items happen in a week or so, so I've made an effort to get quite a bit done today. I started the morning with racking my Oat Wine to secondary and adding 1oz of French Medium Toast Oak cubes. I plan on leaving it in the basement (which runs in the low 60s now) for several months until I'm satisfied with the Brett character.
I also was able to bottle my Cream Ale V 2.0. Last year, in an attempt to brew as many styles as I hadn't and taste them before the BJCP test, I brewed Jamil's Cream Ale. Aside from changing the hops (which he recommends creativity in anyway), it was to the T. This second version was a bit different, and here's a quick break down of the recipe:
5.5 gal batch, OG: 1.055 FG: 1.008
5.5# 2-row
2# Soft White Wheat
1# Flaked Corn
1# Sugar
.5# Munich
.75oz American Saaz 5.8% 60min.
5oz Saaz 20min 3.1%
.75oz Saaz 0min
Wyeast 2565 (Kolsch) 3L starter
I brewed this on March 4th and kept it as cool as possible throughout fermentation and aging. I think it will turn out to be a great drinker for the warmer weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment