Friday, April 24, 2009

My Brew Basement


Home brewing in a small city apartment, especially all-grain does pose one big problem. Where to store all your equipment and beer at the end of the day. Fortunately, there are storage units in the basement of my building. This has been a two fold help: lots of storage for brew stuff, and a way to ferment at fairly cool temperatures. So far, the basement has run between 45 (through Jan and Feb), to around 61 now. However, here in DC we're looking at weekend highs in the upper 80s, so we'll see how high it spikes. Fermenting lagers down there worked out well through the winter, and now I'm using its low, constant temp. for some bulk aging. In the pictures here you see the mass amount of beer I have to drink (I need to throw a party), in addition to all my equipment, some commercial beer, and three aging/fermenting beers (Berliner with blow-off, Brett L stout, and the Oat Wine).

No comments:

Post a Comment