Thursday, May 14, 2009

New Fridge


Just thought I would share my upcoming project excitement. After bottling so many beers, I'm about to start kegging and couldn't be more excited! I picked up a Sanyo 4912 online (difficult to find these days being discontinued at least a year ago), and plan to convert it into a two tap kegerator. These fridges are pretty common for converted kegerators as they fit two cornies and a 5# CO2 tank. They also fit into tighter places than chest freezers and aren't too hard on the eye. I plan on installing a tower at some point but will put it off for a few weeks. The Gumballhead clone should be the first on tap!

1 comment:

  1. In the meantime, you can use it for a fermentation chamber. I have a 4912 and it does double duty. I use a temperature controller and easily fit a bucket fermenter or 6 gallon Better Bottle, or I use it to beautifully dispense 2 types of beer.

    Kegconnection.com definitely has the best deals. I would spend a little more and spring for the Perlick faucets too.

    Aaannnnnd that's enough unsolicited advice for one day.

    cheers,
    Zach

    ReplyDelete